The9 has signed a 32 megawatt (MW) mining capacity deal with Compute North to deploy 10,000 miners in the U.S.
- The high-end S19j miners will be online in the second quarter of 2022, the Shanghai, China-based miner said in a statement.
- The company also plans to add 14,000 miners with other hosting partners in countries including Canada, starting in December.
- With all 24,000 miners online, the company expects to have a hash rate of 2,160 petahash per second (PH/s).
- The move is the latest in the “great migration” of China-based crypto mining companies moving into other regions, particularly North America.
- On Oct. 19, Singapore-based miner Atlas Mining signed a 100-megawatt deal with Compute North to expand its U.S. mining operations.
Read more: Go West, Bitcoin! Unpacking the Great Hashrate Migration